Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa announces the appointment of John Dillis, welcoming him back to the property as the director of event management. In this role, he will lead Westin Grand Cayman’s weddings, events and banquets team. Dillis was previously Westin Grand Cayman’s director of events from 2018 to 2021 and brings a decade of experience with him, having worked for brands such as Eden Roc Miami Beach and Koncept Events in Florida.
Together, Westin Grand Cayman’s event team will continue to service multiple small and large-scale groups that visit the property for meetings, incentive trips and more. Additions to Westin Grand Cayman’s event management team include:
- Valerie Balignasay, convention services manager – With more than 10 years of experience in the hospitality industry, and previously serving as a mixologist at The Westin Grand Cayman, Balignasay joined the sales team in June 2022 as convention service manager and is specializing in wedding planning and management.
- Tvisha Naidu, sales and catering coordinator – After receiving a degree in hotel management and an interior design certification, Naidu joined the team in May 2023, bringing her creativity to coordinating an array of events.
- Simona Bonnici, senior convention services manager – With previous experience at a number of Marriott properties globally, Bonnici joined The Westin Grand Cayman team in October 2023.
- Manju Shakya, conference services manager – Counting more than seven years of hospitality experience in Grand Cayman, Shakya joined The Westin Grand Cayman team in October 2023.
- Tracy Chavez, catering sales manager – Expanding upon her seven years with The Westin Grand Cayman, Chavez was promoted to catering sales manager last year.
Dillis has been instrumental in expanding his team and spearheading an infusion of new talent on property, adding a senior convention services manager as well as two convention service managers to the team. With an emphasis on leading by example, Dillis’ management style involves acting as a great mentor to his colleagues and providing opportunities to expand and broaden their skill sets.
For more information, visit www.westingrandcayman.com.