Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) is launching its first-ever "Reward Travel Sale," offering a 25 percent savings on point redemptions. Members can redeem their points between July 14 and 16 to take advantage of the sale and enjoy summer travel for fewer points.
Amtrak Guest Rewards members can also purchase additional points if they don't have enough points for a trip. Sample trips include:
- Milwaukee and Chicago: 800 points
- Los Angeles and San Diego: 932 points
- Portland and Seattle: 932 points
- St. Louis and Kansas City: 932 points
- New York and Philadelphia: 1,579
- New York and Boston: 2,200 points
- Washington, D.C. and New York: 2,536
- Washington, D.C. and Chicago: 2,717 points
- New York and Washington, D.C. (Acela): 5,353 points
- Lorton, VA, and Samford, FL (with car): 11,178
The "Reward Travel Sale" is not available on all departures and all dates and blackout dates apply. Seating is limited and seats may not be available on all trains or all times. Routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted; other restrictions may apply.
Note: Amtrak's new, enhanced safety initiatives will continue to be in effect for customers and employees on its trains and stations, including its measures to deliver a "new standard of travel." Protocols include:
- Face coverings: Amtrak requires all customers and employees wear face masks or an alternative face covering while in stations and on board.
- Limiting bookings: Amtrak is limiting bookings on most trains to allow for more physical distancing in seating areas
- Air Quality: All trains are equipped with onboard filtration systems with a fresh air exchange rate every four to five minutes
- Physical distancing: Signage has been displayed at Amtrak's busiest stations to indicate safe distances in high traffic areas; in addition, protective plastic barriers have been installed at customer counters
Tickets are currently for sale and can be found, along with current schedules, on www.amtrak.com and through the Amtrak app; all prices will be automatically discounted from the standard fare price.